VitalStim Plus neuromuscular electrical stimulation helps recruit and re-educate muscles in the process of swallowing. Under the guidance of a clinician, patients partner in an interactive therapy that aids muscle strengthening to rehabilitate swallowing. Preset or customized programs allow the provider to truly customize treatments while biofeedback and visuals create a patient-focused experience that encourages engagement and achievement of goals. The VitalStim Plus Electrotherapy and sEMG Biofeedback System projects live treatment progress onto a computer or tablet screen. The Screen Mirroring technology allows clinicians to guide patients through personalized, targeted swallowing exercises. sEMG biofeedback helps to increase effort and duration of swallowing attempts and to improve coordination.
- 2 Channel Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) device
- Optional clinical electrotherapy with integrated therapy cart
- Optional Surface Electromyography (sEMG) – reading and recording muscle activation
- Surface Electromyography with Triggered stimulation (sEMG + Stim) – electrical muscle stimulation triggered when the muscle activation reaches a preset target
- Patient Data Cards – record treatment session information on individual patient cards